Simulate 2 centuries of history, from the industrial revolution to the green revolution, in this challenging, original, independant strategy game !
– Manage the world’s mines of limitated energetical resources (coal, oil, gas, uranium)
– Teach countries how to build dams, windmills, and other renewable energy devices.
– Deal with the crisis and wars generated by the decreasing stocks of resources.
– Switch to green energies before earth is destroyed by pollution and hurricanes.
– Avoid hurricanes to make a rampage amongt your fragile green cities
– Plant trees to calm down pollution a moment
– Protect the key countries and try to exploit their resources wisely
– Deal with the grey empires that spread themselves like a plague in your 165 countries !
Some subjects of this game seem to be quite polemic in some countries. So here are a few disclaimers about them
1. This game main purpose is being a game and a good time waster about apocalyptical global warming, economical growth going crazy, and the goal is to lead the green energies industrial revolution.
2. If you don’t believe in man induced global warming and don’t like ecology, then you could do yourself a favor by not playing this game.
3. It hasn’t been yet scientifically proven that the rise of temperature has something to do with a rise of hurricanes power. Please consider it here as an idea of gameplay and a metaphor of the dangers of the global warming within the game. This is just an old-school videogame, not an accurate simulation and not an essay 🙂
4. The position of mines, climate conditions, proportions of rivers, economic rankings etc. TEND to reflect reality but are not the “real reality” for sure! If you think there’s a problem with a country in particular, please tell me so ! I’ll cross check your facts and I’ll change its stats in the game, if possible.
5. About frontiers & borders now …. The map has been made in 2014 from a 2000’s United Nations source. You may find borders are not accurate from your country’s political point of view. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings but this game isn’t about borders at all but about ecology and I can’t resolve all the conflicts there were about borders in the last century in the game…
6. The borders are not the 1850’s ones and it may seems a little odd because it is said it’s starting in the 1850s. It’s like this because the countries were, at the time, different from now, with lots of differents names, small kingdoms, Empires and colonies and much more problem with borders than now … It would have been difficult to add a way to deal with that fact across time in a game that try to focus on the story of the energy transition. It would have been a mess. Also, the game needs you to recognize quickly the countries’ names of the world so these are some reasons why it has been chosen to keep the beginning of the XXI century’s world’s (midly accurate) borders.
7. Nuclear power. The game may please and displease both anti-s and pro-s nuclear energy : when there is a growth, Nuclear is perfectly safe (no words about radwaste and hurricane-proof, that’s quite a gift!) but when there’s a crisis, when countries have no more money, then nuclear plants may explode, just like Tchernobyl, meaning with an economic impact. Again, this is a sci-fi game and the developer is not a lobbyist.
I hope you’ll have a nice time playing that not-so serious game and saving planet earth from auto-destruction, numerous times!
Music credits :
JAN125 / http://opengameart.org/content/sage-of-corinth-music
and Nosoapradio_us / https://www.facebook.com/freegamemusic/
a few bug fixes
Game Id: com.gz.EnergyWars
Copyright© 2020 AforAPK